There may be a connection…but that’s not where I’m headed. :)
First…I got my Vitamin D levels checked after learning that Hashimoto’s is linked with low Vitamin D. My levels came back as 23.3 ng/mL, which is considered “insufficient.” Deficient would be anything below 20, and “good” levels are anything from 30-100. So I got me some good Vitamin D3 supplements to take. I found a good deal on Vitamin Code D3 with probiotics on Amazon. Is it possible that I feel better after only 3 days?
Weaning is….going. We’re making some progress. The beach idea did NOT work out. It was not pretty, people. But yesterday I just decided that we were GOING to do this. I picked out four books that I thought she would like and told her they were “nap time” books. I basically tried to mimic her successful bed time routine. We read the books, then I put her in bed with her lullaby CD on, and I sat on the end of her bed. Day 1, Wednesday, it took 2.5 hours from the time we sat down to read until she fell asleep. I was DETERMINED not to leave that room until she fell asleep. Day 2 was today, and it took one hour from start to finish. I am praying that it continues to get easier over the next several days.
I need to decide if I should cut out her morning nursing before surgery, if I should let surgery be the thing that ends the morning feed, or if I should continue it for a little while after surgery.
Part of making that decision will be how well she is doing with the change in her nap routine over the next few days. I also need to find out how soon it would be safe to nurse after having general anesthesia, and how pain meds will affect things too. I don’t want Eleanor to be stressed by weaning too fast at the same time that her access to me is going to be limited by my surgery and recovery. Also, if I quit the same day as my operation, I will probably have to deal with engorgement for a day or two at the same time that I’m recovering from surgery. Not fun. So I have lots of factors to consider.
Tomorrow is one week until surgery. Y texted me and asked if she could put it in the church bulletin on Sunday. My first though was, that’s kind of early, isn’t it? Then I realized it was going to be less than a week before my surgery. So I let her do it. It really is almost here.